Vogue: Heidi Slimane, The Single Most Influential Men's Designer This Century

For me, Twitter is one of the best source of information. Recently I try to find some ideas through it, and I found this:


I stopped reading another tweet and simply opened that link. It's from Vogue, I mean, if Vogue says 'most bla bla' it means that it's really the best. Then I know that Heidi Slimane is really one of the best fashion people in the industry.
Born in Paris in 1968, since 16 years old he's been doing things in fashion. He started his 'real' career in 1992, when he worked with Louis Vuitton. From that time his career was like a rocket. In 1996 he worked with Yves Saint Laurent, in 2001 he was the creative director of Dior. 2002 might be one of his favorite moments because he received a CFDA award for The First Menswear Designer To Receive CFDA Awards For International Designer.
In 2007 he didn't renew his contract at Dior. His team tried to propose about Heidi's own label but he refused to create one. Then finally in 2012 he got back at YSL.
After reading Heidi Slimane's journey in the fashion world, I'm kind of feeling his struggle. I haven't tried to do things in the 'real' fashion world like what he's been doing but I really appreciate every move that he made. From that struggle, CFDA gave him one of the most honorable awards and Vogue named him as 'the single most influential men's designer this century'. I know that when we work hard about the thing that we love, we will be appreciated in so many ways. Thank you for inspiring us, Heidi.

No comments:

Post a Comment