Look Closer Into Dries Van Noten Menswear SS14

I have no idea how could I not think about Dries Van Noten. But to be honest I don't really know the exact concept of this brand because I see floral for their latest menswear collection.
Last June, Dries Van Noten held a show in Paris, their menswear SS14 collection. I decided to watch on Fashion TV and I got bored. They chose floral as their SS menswear collection, I mean, how boring is that? But my boredom is just for seconds. I looked closer into their collection and it did surprise me and it's official: Dries Van Noten has a pretty unique collection!
What's the unique part? Floral for men? Yes, that's only one of them. But in my top list, I like the sunglasses. I always like sunglasses especially the unique one and Dries Van Noten has it. Almost all of the sunglasses are good. Secondly, take a closer look at their floral. It's not just floral, they combine those with dark-colored clothes and they have thin fabrics. I am pretty sure that they want to say something through their collection; it's something like "I want floral happens for men, but without losing their integrity as a man; mysterious but still have comfortable clothes to put on."
I know maybe floral for men - especially for spring - is a bad idea but I'm sure with different concept, it deserves a chance to exist in menswear, in spring. Smart move, Dries Van Noten. Smart move.
See the video of  the show below:


No comments:

Post a Comment