When Mythology Reaches Fashion

I'm always interested in mythology since in elementary, that was when my brother brought a novel about Cleopatra. Since then, I was like obsessed about the whole stories about Egyptian mythology. But later then I found out that mythology doesn't belong only to Egypt, but it also belongs to Greek and other countries.
There are a lot of collections that use mythology theme. If we talk about brands, I'm sure the first thing in our mind is Versace - because of the logo. Versace logo is Medusa, one of the most iconic character in Greek mythology.
And of course, one of the most famous Versace collection were the SS 2013 collection, where they used mythology as their theme. And also they used a really creative photoshoot as their campaign. Of course this reminds us their Versace Homme SS 2012 collection where they used the same technique for the photoshoot. Here's some of their SS 2013 campaign:







At the other time, Dolce & Gabbana also released their SS 2014 mythological-themed collection. I'm still waiting for the official campaign for this collection because I always love the campaign photos form D & G. Here's some photos from their latest show (SS 2014 collections) - and one bonus photo of that famous naked man on the show:








No comments:

Post a Comment