Japanese Festival

I was checking my old pics on my phone and suddenly I found some pics when I attended some Japanese festival that was held by my uni. It's a huge event and I remember looking through my closet for the perfect outfit.
Japan is famous for having a free style. In Asia, Japan is one those countries that has a really unique style and it's original. Harajuku, goth, or even their street style, they have their own character. And talking back about the festival, I decided to wear something more... Asia.

Top: Uniqlo tee, black cardigan from distro
Watch: Tommy Hilfiger
Pants: Levi's
Shoes: Wakai

But there was one thing that made me a little bit shocked, that I completely forgot, it's a costume festival. I could've wore something more if I remember that. So this kind of festival, as we all know, is called cosplay party. People wear outfits that are inspired from fictional character, it could be from movies or cartoons.


From head to toe, people were crazier than I thought, wigs, make ups, bags, shoes, even the props were real (swords, umbrellas, etc.) I mean these guys were so free. I was quite amazed. And as you can see, I played kendama, one of the most well-known traditional games using a wooden hammer and a red ball (but I couldn't make the ball get onto the top of the hammer, it's so hard tho).
Japan has one of the cultures that I love because of its character. It's strong, famous, and weird at the same time. We can't deny that they have an influential style in fashion world.

No comments:

Post a Comment