London Collections: Men A/W 2014

LCM is done. Now I need to announce that Alexander McQueen set the bar high with bold patterns in their collection. Actually I was excited about Burberry because their AW12 collection was one of my faves, it was iconic. But I don't quite get their AW14 collection, using leather for the coat and they painted it? (I heard you can customize with your name on it) But seriously, there is nothing iconic with their AW14. Another brand that got my attention is Katie Eary with their 'different' show; it's quite far from the elegance but actually some of their clothes can do well as long as you can combine it right. To be honest, I expected something more shocking from J.W. Anderson because since they did a collab with Versus Versace (which is one of my faves of all time), I thought they could do better than their J.W. Anderson X Versus Versace collection with their gender-bending stuff; I'm only impressed by their coat. Overall, LCM AW14 already told their statement, that patterns and art are the key points of this season. McQueen men's AW14 show gave us hints about the best patterns that we could wear for sweaters and coats, Burberry showed us about the art. Now Milan Fashion Week is around the corner. Big brands like Versace and Dolce&Gabbana are going to show their AW 2014-2015 collection and we'll see if patterns and art are really the trends.

Alexander McQueen AW14

Burberry AW14

Katie Eary AW14

J. W. Anderson AW14

No comments:

Post a Comment