Motonari Ono & Somarta on Jakarta Fashion Week 2014

Attending Jakarta Fashion Week always feels like a dream because it's the biggest fashion event in my country. Even I could only attend 1 show, it means so much to me because I still had a chance to see the latest style and collection of one of big brands in the show.
I attended Motonari Ono & Somarta show. They always participate in Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in Japan and also Tokyo Fashion Week. For the very first time I attended their show because I wanted to know about their style, and how they actually created their character into their collections.

1. Motonari Ono Show

 

Exactly at 1 PM the show starts. I couldn't help but wonder, what would their collection look like? I wondered something like modern kimono-dress or some other traditional stuff from Japan that is combined with the modern touch. But I was all wrong. Motonari Ono had these fabolous dress collection that have florals prints on it. Even though I was wondering about something dark-colored (because for me it's raining season in Indonesia and I think dark-colored coat collection would be better) but I still think their dress collection is pretty. The background music of the show was quite traditional, though. You can see my Instagram video of this show below:


2. Somarta Show

 

To be honest I like Somarta's collection more than Motonari Ono's. Somarta brought their origami-inspired dresses to the runway and I was quite amazed. It was detailed on the front part of the dress. The second thing that amazed me was their heel-less shoes, just like the collection of Noritaka Tatehana (maybe Somarta was inspired by Noritaka) and they looked good. Somarta also added a little goth-themed style in some of his dresses and it made the collection looked more varied. See my Instagram video of Somarta show below:


No comments:

Post a Comment